WHAT DO I NEED?
- a room that becomes very dark in which you won't be disturbed (bathroom, bedroom, we use a practice room at school)
- a phone to time the event (in case you need to tell an adult to explain why your friend is hyperventilating for no reason)
- at least two people (we use four for my version but this can be shrunk down)
- water/a cold towel (in case the subject won't respond to your wake ups)
WHAT DO THE PEOPLE DO
2 people - one is the subject, one is the guide.
3 people - subject, guide, timer.
4 people - subject, guide, pillow, timer.
5+ - ^^^^ plus people in the background being TOTALLY SILENT
HOW TO SET UP
first, find your room. doesn't matter what time of day you do this at. make sure it is off to the side and you will have very little or no background noise as well as not be disturbed.
once you are in the room, (i'm going to go off the four people version but the guide and pillow are the same thing for 3/2 people :) )
the pillow sits on the floor with their legs crossed. the pillow has one job. to massage the subjects temples until the game is over, and if something goes wrong they are the closest to wake them up.
the subject lies with their head on the pillow's crossed legs, with their eyes closed and their arms up in the air. the timer gets the app open on their phone and must be ready to click "lap" as soon as the subject's arms reach their side. (NOTE: THE TIMER IS NOT TOTALLY NEEDED BUT IS A GOOD RESOURCE IN CASE EMC BECOMES PART OF THIS) the guide kneels down next to the subject, or sitting however they want as long as they are right at the subject's torso level, on the floor, just adjacent to the pillow. the timer can sit wherever they want as long as they are watching carefully, and everyone else (if there is others) will sit around the subject, guide and pillow as long as they won't physically interact with the subject. (HUGGEEE NONO, DURING THE TRANCE, UNLESS THEY ARE BEING WOKEN UP, ONLY THE PILLOW MASSAGING THEIR TEMPLES MAY TOUCH THEM)
HOW DO WE BEGIN?
THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING! DON'T DO THIS BUT YOU'RE GOING TO ANYWAY
- everyone is in position. the timer is ready to begin, the lights are off, the subject has their arms up, the pillow is massaging their temples and the guide is sitting beside them.
- someone in the room, preferably the timer says "three.. two.. one.. begin.) on begin, they click the timer to start the countdown into the subject's trance. everyone begins chanting "red door, yellow door, any other colour door".. over, and over, and over. -- A FEW NOTES ^ -- ~ the entry takes longer for each person. i recommend going for three minutes first, and if their arms aren't very far or haven't moved at all, call it. they aren't working. however, if their arms are really close, or right there at 3 minutes, just click lap and wait for the guide to make the next instruction. ~ GUIDE YOU ARE TOTALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FIRST 5 OR SO MINUTES FOR WATCHING THEIR ARMS AND CUTTING OFF THE TRANCE AT THE RIGHT TIME! NOBODY IN THE ROOM CAN TALK, JUST YOU SO YOU MUST LET EVERYONE KNOW WHEN TO STOP! ~ their arms will not go down at the speed of light. it is possible, but in every single trance i played, the person's arms went slowly at first with small wiggles and movements, but eventually got down to their sides. it happens. be patient. -- BACK TO THE INSTRUCTIONS --
- fast forward, assuming you did everything correctly up until this point, your subject's arms should be at their sides and everyone should be quiet. guide, here is a small script for you; -- everything is quiet, the subject is hypnotized-- you; (subject name) what do you see? (KEEP IN MIND THEY MIGHT HAVE DELAYED RESPONSES) subject; (could say one of two things) a door. (skip past these next two script parts) stars, sparkles, darkness... you; (ONLY IF THEY SEE STARS OR DARKNESS) you are in a hallway. the hallway is lined with doors. each door is a different colour. you are to journey down the hallway, following every word i say. (THIS CAN BE CHANGED ^ BUT MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHERE THEY ARE) subject: (now in the hallway) (scroll down if they did not appear in a hallway, there are other places they could have gone)
you: okay. what colour is the door.....
-- the game has now begun.--
okay. now you should be in the game. everyone is quiet, the pillow is massaging their temples, and the guide is asking questions. here are a few possible questions..
-- what color is the door?
-- how do you feel about the door?
-- do you want to go in?
-- do you see anyone?
-- do you hear anything (IMPORTANT)
-- is the doorknob hot? cold?
variations of those question usually work for me, and it helps you understand what you are dealing with, and make the decision to go inside. guide, keep in mind that there are other people in the room (if not oops) and they are hearing the responses. they can help you make the decisions as the subject will not act if you do not tell them to. few basic reminders that you should be aware of...
- no people. period.
- man in a dark suit = END THE GAME
- if the subject hears clocks or ticking outside the door, MOVE ALONG. DON'T GO IN.
- elderly woman in a victorian dress = LEAVE THE ROOM OR END THE GAME
- if they are uneasy in ANY WAY, DONT. GO. IN. that's it. that simple.
- if you encounter stairs, do not go down. if they go up, you can take them. i have a few ideas for the reasoning behind this rule, but no actual theories. comment if you have any!
- stay away from the water chamber, you can usually hear it
- nooo yellow doors. every single time someone i guided went into a yellow door, it went to SHIT.
- if they hear anything behind the door, best keep them moving.
- DON'T GO IN IF THE SUBJECT IS NOT TOTALLY SURE!! ANSWERS LIKE " I DON'T KNOW, MAYBE, I GUESS, SURE OR ANYTHING OTHER THEN "YES" ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH!"
- ^ always double, or even triple check the subject is okay with the door.
---- SHOULD SOMETHING GO HORRIBLY WRONG ----
- stay totally calm. you panic, the subject panics. they can only hear you, remember?
- make sure you always check if they're okay.
- LISTEN TO THEM! you're in their head, they know what's going on.
SITUATIONS YOU MIGHT GET IN:
okay. so. some of these have happened. they're terrifying and it's honestly slightly traumatizing for everyone watching, especially the guide.
- you lose contact with the subject/ unresponsive subject
wake them up. shake them, say their name, lightly hit them in the face. if none of those work, get the water. toss it on their head. remember, no matter how bad it seems, they're in a trance. your first priority is to get them OUT.
- shaking, yelling, gasping subject
OUT. OUTTT. that's mental trauma waiting to happen. they're seeing something that is scaring them and you gotta get them out of there.
- subject has marks post-trance
this happened. one of my friends had an awful experience inside a room and when we pulled her out, her back was all red and scratched up. we asked her to explain what happened and for a while, she could only talk in one word sentences. this happens. you don't FUCK with this game.
AFTER YOU GET THEM OUT ( GOOD VS BAD)
- assuming everything went well (rare) , the subject should now be slowly waking up from what is gonna feel like a lucid dream. they could wake up suddenly, but that happened and they were still in the state. after they wake up, you must ask questions. ask who everyone in the room is, where they were, names of pets/parents/siblings as well as asking them to unlock their phone. this game can mess with your memory. After you wake them up, if you are planning to do the game again wit a different subject, make sure someone sits with the previous one. they are still in a fragile state and it is possible they could fall back into the trance if someone doesn't keep them up. this happened.
- shit. okay this happens more times then not. i have had two absolutely awful wakeups with two friends, we had to slap one and vigorously shake the other. once they are up, it's recommended that the person in the room closest to them holds them for a moment, it's natural that they may be crying, or even hyperventilating. after about a minute, try to sit them up and the guide must ask questions. the reason the guide must do it is because the subject is now accustomed to hearing their voice, and will recognize it as helpful and friendly. try to ask yes or no or one word answer questions, it's really tough for them to form full sentences after being woken up. start slowly. don't drill them instantly and make sure they stay fully alert with eye contact and responses. if they start zoning out again, shake them. after this point, it's really up to you to decide how bad their state is. sometimes it takes a few minutes to recover, sometimes it takes days. but in the first hour the best thing you can do is keep them awake and talking. after a while, they will be stable but they cannot unsee anything.
this game is dangerous, it's scary and it messes with mental barriers that should not be touched. follow all my instructions and you should be okay.
*** IF THEY WAKEUP SOMEWHERE ELSE
it has been known for subjects to wake up in forests, towns, castles or even their home. the same rules apply. HOWEVER!! IF YOU DON'T SEE ANY DOORS OF ANY KIND, GET THEM OUT. SOMETHING WENT WRONG AND MORE COULD GO WRONG IF YOU TRY TO PROGRESS.
please be careful when trying this out, make sure it's with people you trust. guide, you are responsible. subject, you must take into account that you cannot unsee what is behind the doors, and you may never be the same again.